– Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
– A Master degree in construction management is an added advantage.
– Minimum 5 years of experience in major construction projects and minimum 2 years as project manager/coordinator.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Good understanding of building systems.
– Thorough knowledge of specific legal issues and safety standards is essential.
– Proficiency in Romanian and English
– Strong team building and communication skills.
– Able to provide clear, effective written and oral communication to fellow team members and leadership
– Must be a team player, able to interact effectively with all team members and senior leadership.
– Must have a demonstrated good work ethic and lead by example in achieving results, meet schedules, appointments and timelines.
– Must be able to deal, interact with internal and external regulatory agencies, customers, visitors on a professional basis.
– Proficiency in using AutoCAD and MS Office programs (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
– Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants, including own team.
– Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
– Implementation of various operations through proper coordination.
– Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants. Participating in different meetings and in all the project’s events, insuring the proper preparation for these.
– Ensure that the entire activity is compliant with the ethical standards of company.
– Oversee the construction project from start to finish.
– Perform a key role in setting the technical specs and design for the buildings and infrastructure, project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
– Be the liaison between the occupants of the future buildings (“the Clients”), architects and designers, contractors and government administrators and regulatory bodies.
– Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
– Project accounting functions including proposing the budget, managing the approved budget, participate actively and support the tender (e-bidding) process, tracking expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
– Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
– Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
– Communicate effectively with the designers and contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
– Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include the architects, consultants, contractors and own team.
– Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
– Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality, ethical and safety standards.
– Periodic inspection of construction sites.
– Ensure project documents are complete.
– Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
– Serve as a key link with the Clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto Client. To notify the work leader and/or the employer about any incidents or injuries suffered by him/herself, as well as by other participants in the work process he/she knows about.
Our client is a customer-driven global supplier of engineered components and systems.